Topicwise Questions - Agriculture
1. Jute cultivation in India is concentrated in the delta area of which of the following rivers?
2. Which of the following is the largest irrigation canal in India?
- Buckingham Canal
- Sirhind Canal
- Indira Gandhi Canal
- Sutlej Yamuna Link Canal
3. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in the decreasing order of production (in million tonnes) of the given foodgrains in India?
- Wheat - Rice - Pulses - Coarse cereals
- Rice - Wheat - Pulses - Coarse cereals
- Wheat - Rice - Coarse cereals - Pulses
- Rice - Wheat - Coarse cereals - Pulses
4. The eyes of potato are useful for
- Vegetative Propagation
- Protection from predators
5. What is Slash and Burn Agriculture?
- method of sugarcane cultivation
- process of deforestation
- agriculture without irrigation
- jhum cultivation
6. Rotation of crops means
- growing of different crops in the same area in sequential seasons.
- shifting of area of same crops.
- growing two or more crops simultaneously to increase productivity.
- alternating crops with fruits over a period of years.
7. The nitrogen present in the atmosphere is
- of no use to plants
- injurious to plants
- directly utilized by plants
- utilized through micro-organisms
8. Which is the largest cotton growing State in India?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
9. The variety of coffee largely grown in India is -
- Old Chicks
10. Under which plan did the Government introduce an agricultural strategy which gave rise to Green Revolution?
- Third Five-Year Plan (FYP)
- Fourth FYP
- Fifth FYP
- Second FYP
11. Laterite soil develops as a result of-
- Deposits of alluvial
- Deposition of loess
- Leaching of sedimentary rocks
- Wind-blown dust
12. What kind of soil is treated with gypsum to make it suitable for cropping?
- Soil with excessive clay content
13. The United Nations General Assembly has declared 2013 as the International Year of ____
14. Which one of the following is known as a pseudocereal?
- Horse gram
15. Besides Rabi and Kharif, which is the third crop season in India?
16. Kharif crops are harvested in -
- June - July
- October - November
- May - June
- March - April
17. Coating urea with which of the following has been found to increase the yield of crops?
- Neem oil
- Eucalyptus oil