Topicwise Questions - Ancient Indian Texts
1. Amuktamalayada is a book written by
- Sri Krishna Deva Raya
- Bana Bhatta
- Rajendra Chola
2. The book which gives an account of how Chandragupta Maurya overthrew the power of the Nandas with the help of Kautilya.
- Mudra Rakshasa
3. The book which deals with the history of Kashmir from the earliest times to 1150 A.D.
- Kumar Sambhava
4. Prashnottar Ratna Malika, a treatise on eternal values of life in Hinduism has been authored by -
- Adi Shankaracharya
- Bhrigu Samhita
5. Who of the ancient Indian scholars calculated the exact value of pi?
6. The famed Betal Pachisi is a part of which of the following books?
- Mudra Rakshsasha
7. Which of the following books is based on a story appearing in the beginning of Mahabharata?
- Mudra Rakshasha
- Geet Govinda
- Abhigyan Shakuntalam
8. Padmavat, the book on the life of Padmini, Queen of Chittor, is written by
- Vishnu Sharma
- Chand Bardai
- Malik Mohd Jaysi
9. The book which deals with the love plays of the Dark Lord Krishna and his fair beloved Radha.
- Geet Govinda
10. Which of the following books has not been written by a king?
- Harsha Charita
11. Which of the following books is a treatise on economics and politics written by Chanakya?
12. Who among the following was a Sanskrit grammarian and author of Ashtadhyayi?
13. Malavikagnimitra, a book based on the life of Agnimitra son of Pushyamitra Sunga, is written by
- Visakha Dutta
14. Who among the following is known as the ‘Father of Indian Medicine’?