Topicwise Questions - Animals & Birds
33. Which one of these animals is jawless?
34. Which one of the following is the only species of apes found in India?
- Hoolock Gibbon
35. What kind of animal was Lonesome George who died on 24 June 2012 at the age of more than 100 years?
36. What kind of creatures are monotremes?
- Mammals which carry their young in a pouch
- Birds which are also mammals
- Mammals which lay eggs
- Flightless birds
37. Olive Ridley is a famous
- Turtle species
- Grass type vegetation
- Another name for olive tree
38. Kangaroos, Platypus and Koala bears are wildlife of
- South America
39. Which of the following may suffer from foot and mouth disease?
- Cattle and sheep
- Cattle and pigs
- Cattle, sheep and pigs
40. Which of the following animals has a clitellum (a swollen, glandular, saddlelike region that forms a cocoon for their eggs)?
41. Most fish do not sink in water because of the presence of
- air sinuses
- buoyant scales on the body
- swim bladder
42. Lobsters belong to which one of the following classes of organisms?
43. Which one of the following is not a true snake?
- Glass snake
- Sea snake
- Tree snake
- Blind snake
44. Which one of the following set belongs to the class Mammalia?
- Lion, Hippopotamus, Penguin, Bat
- Lion, Bat, Whale, Ostrich
- Hippopotamus, Penguin, Whale, Kangaroo
- Whale, Bat, Kangaroo, Hippopotamus
45. Which one of the following pairs belongs to cartilaginous fish?
- Shark and Tuna
- Shark and Ray
- Skates and Hilsa
- Ray and Eel
46. Which one of the following is not a true fish?
- Silver fish
- Saw fish
- Hammer fish
- Sucker fish
47. Which of the following has no skeleton at all?
- Star fish
- Jelly fish
- Silver fish
48. How do most insects respire?
- through skin
- through gills
- with the help of lungs
- through a tracheal system
49. Of all micro-organisms, the most adaptable and versatile are
50. Which is the only snake that builds nests?
- King Cobra
51. Anglo-Nubian is a breed of -
52. A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is -
- Musk deer
- Lion-tailed macaque