Topicwise Questions - Animals & Birds
1. Which is the largest living bird on Earth?
- Siberian Crane
2. For how many years have the dinosaurs been extinct?
- About 25 million years
- About 65 milion years
- About 100 million years
- About 135 million years
3. Darwin finches refers to a group of
4. Which amongst the following is the largest mammal?
5. Which part becomes modified as the tusk of elephant?
- Second Incisor
6. Which of the following are warm-blooded animals?
- Whale sharks
7. Syrinx is the voice box in
8. Which phenomenon do bats or dolphins use to find prey, predators or obstacles?
- Refraction of sound
- Formation of beats
- Echo location
9. Which of the following is the smallest bird?
- Humming bird
- House sparrow
10. The project snow Leopard to conserve the endangered species, launched by the union ministry of environment and forests covers the states of
- Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh only
- Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand only
- Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh only
- Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
11. Which of the following is the National Aquatic Animal of India?
- Salt Water Crocodile
- Sea Turtle
12. Among the following animals, the figures of which are found in the state emblem of India?
- Bull, deer and eagle
- Deer and elephant
- Elephant, tiger and bull
- Horse and bull
13. In which one of the following animals do distinct black stripes extend from the inner corners of the eyes to the mouth?
14. Consider the following pairs
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
- 1 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
15. Asiatic wild ass is naturally found in :
- Rann of Kutch
16. Pashmina shawl is made from the hair of :
17. Which one among the following enzymes is unique in the alimentary canal of cattle?
18. This animal fasts for about 8 months in a year and yet is active, gives birth, and nurses its young while fasting. Name the animal.
- Polar Bear