13. In which one of the following animals do distinct black stripes extend from the inner corners of the eyes to the mouth?
Answer (a). The stripes are called tear lines and distinguish a cheetah from a leopard. There are other differences for the layman like a leopard has rosette shaped spots while a cheetah has round or oval spots.
14. Consider the following pairs
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
15. Asiatic wild ass is naturally found in :
Rann of Kutch
16. Pashmina shawl is made from the hair of :
17. Which one among the following enzymes is unique in the alimentary canal of cattle?
Answer (a). Cellulase is produced mainly by symbiotic bacteria in the ruminating chambers of cattle to help in digestion of cellulose. Other animals (including humans) do not produce cellulase in their bodies and can only partially break down cellulose through fermentation.
18. This animal fasts for about 8 months in a year and yet is active, gives birth, and nurses its young while fasting. Name the animal.
19. Which of the following birds is the state bird of three Indian states?
Blue Jay (Indian Roller)
Answer (b). The 3 states are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Odisha.
20. In which of the following species does the male have mammary glands to feed milk to its young?
Sunda flying lemur
Dayak fruit bat
21. For which one of the following snakes is the diet mainly composed of other snakes?
22. What was the name of the first cloned sheep?
23. Which one among the following lays eggs and does not produce young ones directly?
24. The release of which one of the following into ponds and wells helps in controlling the mosquitoes?