Topicwise Questions - Computers G.K.
1. A computer virus normally attaches itself to another computer programme known as a
- Backdoor programme
- Target programme
- Trojan horse
- Host programme
2. One byte consists of
- four bits
- one bit
- ten bit
- eight bits
3. The amount of time required by a storage device to retrieve data and programmes is its
- Retrieval speed
- Access speed
4. ENIAC was
- an electronic computer
- an engine
- a memory device
- an electronic calculator
5. Which of these describes attempts by individuals to obtain confidential information from a computer user by falsifying their identity?
- Computer viruses
6. The first computer made available for commercial use was
7. A person who uses his or her expertise to gain access to other people's computers to get information illegally or do damage can be called a
8. A 32-bit word computer can access _____ bytes at a time.
9. The process of transferring files from the Internet to your computer is called
- File Transfer Protocol
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
10. The ____ shows all the web sites any pages that you have visited one a period of time.
- Status bar
- Task bar
- History list
- Tool bar
11. The language which provides basic building blocks for web pages is known as
- C language
12. In the URL, http//:www.leadthecompetition.in, the portion labelled http is the ____
- Domain name
- Top-level domain
13. Which of the following is a read only memory storage device?
- Floppy Disk
- Hard Disk
- Flash Drive
14. A repair for a known software bug usually available at no charge on the internet is called a
15. Which of the following connects the computer to a telephone line?
- USB Drive
16. What is an e-mail attachment?
- A receipt sent by the recipient
- A separate document from another programme sent along with an e-mail message
- A malicious parasite that feeds off of your message and destroys the contents
- A list of GC, or BCC, recipients
17. If a file has a '.bak' extension it refers usually to -
- Backup file
- Audio file
- Temporary file
- Deleted file
18. The window which shows icons for things like the mouse, sound, and display is called
- My Computer
- Control Panel
19. What kind of file has an extension '.mpg'?
- Word Document file
- Spreadsheet document
- Movie file
- Image file
20. Which of the following is not real security and privacy risks?
- Identity theft
21. Which of the following defines the ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal’s computer?
- Computer forensics
22. The difference between people with internet access and those without it is known as the
- Digital divide
- Internet divide
- Web divide
- Broadband divide
23. The smallest unit in a digital system is a
24. Which of the following is a web browser?
- Macromedia Flash
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Dreamweaver
25. Junk e-mail is also called ____
- Sniffer script