Topicwise Questions - Constitution of India
1. Which of the following is the correct combination of justice sought to be secured to the citizens of India in the Preamble to the Constitution of India?
- social, religious and political
- economic, religious and political
- social, educational and economic
- social, economic and political
2. Which of the following dates is mentioned in the Preamble to the Constitution of India?
- 26 November 1949
- 25 January 1950
- 15 August 1947
- 26 January 1950
3. The Preamble is useful in constitutional interpretation because it
- uses value-loaded words
- contains the real objective and philosophy of the Constitution makers
- is a source of power and limitation
- gives an exhaustive list of basic features of the constitution
4. Before the Constitution (Forty-second) Amendment Act, 1976 the Preamble resolved India to be
- Secular Democratic Republic
- Sovereign Democratic Republic
- Secular Socialist Democratic Republic
- Socialist Democratic Republic
5. Which of the following liberites is sought to be secured to the citizens of India in the Preamble?
- thought, expression, belief, faith and worship
- thought, expression, belief and faith
- expression, belief, faith and worship
- thought, expression, faith and worship
6. Who among the following had moved the objectives resolution which formed the basis of the Preamble of the Constitution of India in the Constituent Assembly on December 13, 1946?
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
7. By which amendment of the Constitution were the words ‘Socialist and Secular’ added to its Preamble?
8. Article 2A was introduced in the Constitution on the inclusion of which of the following territories in India?
- Jammu and Kashmir
9. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right?
- Right to Equality
- Right to property
- Right to freedom
- Right to constitutional Remedies
10. The Fundamental Rights in our constitution are inspired by the constitution of
- United states of America
- United Kingdom
11. Right to property was removed from the list of fundamental rights during the reign of
- Mrs Indira Gandhi
- Morarjee Desai
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- P.V. Narsimha Rao
12. Which article of the constitution of India abolishes untouchability and forbids its practice in any form?
- Article 16
- Article 17
- Article 18
- Article 15
13. Which one among the following has the power to regulate the right of citizenship in India?
- The Union Cabinet
- The Parliament
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
14. Articles 17 and 18 of Constitution provide
- Social equality
- Economic equality
- Political equality
- Religious equality
15. The Constitution of India describes India as
- A Union of states
- A Federation of states and Union Territories
- A Unitary State
16. Which one among the following is not guaranteed by the Constitution of India?
- Freedom to move freely throughout the country
- Freedom to assemble peacefully without arms
- Freedom to own, acquire and dispose of property anywhere in the country
- Freedom to practice any trade or profession
17. Which of these is NOT included as a Fundamental Right in the Indian Constitution?
- Right to Freedom of Speech
- Right to Equality before the Law
- Right to Constitutional Remedies
- Right to Equal Wages for Equal Work
18. Which one of the following rights conferred by the Constitution of India is also available to non-citizens?
- Freedom of speech, assembly and form association
- Freedom to move, reside and settle in any part of the territory of India
- Freedom to acquire property or to carry on any occupation, trade or business
- Right to constitutional remedies