Subjectwise Questions - Diseases
1. Due to contraction of eyeball, a long-sighted eye can see only
- farther objects which is corrected by using convex lens
- farther objects which is corrected by using concave lens
- nearer objects which is corrected by using convex lens
- nearer objects which is corrected by using concave lens
2. Which one among the following is not correct about Down’s syndrome?
- It is a genetic disorder
- Effected individual has early ageing
- Effected person has mental retardation
- Effected person has furrowed tongue with open mouth
3. Insects that can transmit diseases to human are referred to as
4. Which of the following diseases are transmitted from one person to another?
- Hepatitis B
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 2, 3 and 4 only
5. One of the occupational health hazards commonly faced by the workers of ceramics, pottery and glass industry is
- stone formation in gall bladder
- stone formation in kidney
6. The anti-malarial drug Quinine is made from a plant. The plant is
7. To suspect HIV/AIDS in a young individual, which one among the following symptoms is mostly associated with?
- Long standing jaundice and chronic liver disease
- Sever anaemia
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Severe persistent headache
8. Hypertension is the term used for
- Increase in heart rate
- Decrease in heart rate
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Increase in blood pressure
9. Acute lead poisoning is also known as
- Itai- Itai
10. Oral Rehydration Therapy is recommended for
11. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists
|List I |
|List II |
|A. AIDS||1. Widal test|
|B. Plague||2. Wayson stain test|
|C. Typhoid||3. ELISA test|
4. Mantoux test
- A - 4; B - 3; C - 2;
- A - 3; B - 2; C - 1;
- A - 1; B - 2; C - 3;
- A - 3; B - 2; C - 4;
12. In the context of genetic disorders, consider the following:
A woman suffers from colour blindness while her husband does not suffer from it. They have a son and a daughter. In this context, which one of the following statements is most probably correct?
- Both children suffer from colour blindness
- Daughter suffers from the colour blindness while the son does not suffer from it.
- Both children do not suffer from colour blindness.
- Son suffers from the colour blindness while daughter does not suffer from it.
13. Which one of the following diseases is caused by a protozoan?