Topicwise Questions - Indus Valley Civilisation
1. Which Harappan city had a dock yard in it?
2. The Great Bath of the Harappa Civilisation has been found at
3. Harappan people used garments of
- Cotton only
- Cotton and silk
- Cotton and wool
- Cotton, wool and silk
4. The name of which of the following places means "the mound of the dead men" in the local language?
- Gola Dhoro
5. The polity of the Harappan people was
- Secular Federalism
- Theocratic Federalism
- Theocratic Unitary
6. Harappan people built up their houses of
- unbaked bricks
- baked bricks
7. Which of the following was one of the great achievements of the Indus Valley Civilisation?
- number system
- sophisticated plumbing and sewage system
- advanced weaponery
- graphic script
8. Which of the following is the southernmost discovered site of the Indus Valley Civilisation?
9. Which of the following materials was used in making the seals of Mohenjo-daro?
10. At which of the following sites were evidences of rice cultivation found?
11. The essential feature of the Indus Valley Civilisation was
- worship of forces of nature
- organized city life
- pastoral farming
- caste society
12. Out of the following remains excavated in Indus valley, which one indicates the commercial and economic development ?