Insurance and Finance G.K.
1. Which of the following types of companies/organisations issue ULIP?
- Insurance companies
2. Which amongst the following is not an insurance company functioning in India?
- ICICI prudential
- ING Vysya
- National Securities Depository Limited
- New India Assurance company
3. Which of the following is the only public sector company in the field of life insurance?
- General insurance company
- New India assurance company
- Oriental insurance company
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
4. "A contract that pledges payment of an agreed upon amount to the person (or his/her nominee) on the happening of an event covered against" is technically known as
- Death coverage
- Life insurance
- Savings for future
- Provident fund
5. With which of the following did the State Bank of India enter into a joint venture agreement for undertaking general insurance business?
- New India Assurance Ltd.
- Insurance Australia Group
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
6. Which of the following is the regulator of insurance sector in India?
7. Which of the following terms is NOT related to the insurance sector?
- Misuse Alert
8. Which of the following public sector companies/organizations provides insurance cover to exporters?
9. The insurance companies collect a fixed amount from its customers at a fixed interval of time. What is it called?
10. Which of the following is/are the various types of insurance?
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Liability insurance
- Only (a)
- Only (a) and (b)
- Only (b) and (c)
- All the three
11. Which of the following insurance companies gives the slogan Prithvi, Agni, Jal, Akash - Sab ki Surakhsa Hamare Paas?
- Life Insurance Corporation
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance
- General Insurance Company
12. With which of the fields is actuarial science associated?
- Space technology
13. Which of the following terms is used in the field of finance and banking?
- Pulse rate
- Hot waves
14. Expand the term IFRS.
- Indian Financial Reporting Standards
- Indian Financial Reporting Systems
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- International Financial Reporting Systems
15. What does the term FSDC, used in financial sectors stand for?
- Financial Security and Development Council
- Financial Stability and Development Council
- Fiscal Security and Development Convention
- Fiscal Stability and Development Council