1. When was the first train steamed off in India?
2. Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
3. Which train in India has the longest route length?
- Howrah - Jammu Tawi Himgiri Express
- Kanyakumari - Jammu Tawi Himsagar Express
- Kanyakumari - Dibrugarh Vivek Express
- Guwahati-Thiruvanthapuram Express
4. Where is the Railway Staff College located?
5. On which of the following is the longest railway bridge in India located?
- River Ganges
- Vembanad Lake
- River Brahmaputra
- Chilka Lake
6. In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?
- New Delhi
7. Who of the following is known for having designed the first railway timetables?
- George Bradman
- George Bernard Shaw
- George Bradshaw
- George Brummel
8. Which of the following is the largest railway junction in India?
9. Which of the following is the eastern-most division of the Indian Railways?
10. Over which of the following rivers is the world's highest railway bridge in Kashmir being constructed?
11. Gorakhpur which has the longest railway platform in the world is located in which of the following states?
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
12. Which of the following stations has all the three guages viz. broad, metre and narrow?
13. What is the width of broad guage railway line in India?
- 5 feet 3 inches
- 5 feet 6 inches
- 4 feet 11 inches
- 5 feet 4 inches
14. Match the manufacturing units with their locations
|A. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works||1. Tamilnadu|
|B. Integral Coach Factory||2. Punjab|
|C. Wheel and Axle Plant||3. West Bengal|
|D. Rail Coach Factory||4. Karnataka|
- A - 3; B - 4; C - 1; D - 2
- A - 2; B - 1; C - 4; D - 3
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 4; D - 2
- A - 3; B - 1; C - 2; D - 4
15. Which of the following stations was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
- Churchgate Railway Station
- Mumbai Central
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
- Chhatrapathi Shivaji Terminus
16. Fairy Queen, the world's oldest steam locomotive in regular operation, plies between New Delhi and -
17. Who of the following was the first Railway Minister of independent India?
- John Mathai
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Shanmugham Shetty
18. Shatabdi Express trains were introduced in 1989 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of which of the following personalities?
- Swami Vivekanand
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Facts on Indian Railways
- Railway Training & Manufacturing Units
- Quiz on Indian Railways
- Interactivity on Railway Zones