Topicwise Questions - Rivers - Origins and Tributaries
1. Which of the following is not a tributary of the River Ganga?
2. Which of the following rivers has its origin in the Rohtang Pass, Himachal Pradesh?
3. Tungabhadra, a river formed by the confluence of Tunga and Bhadra rivers is the chief tributary of -
- River Kaveri
- River Godavari
- River Periyar
- River Krishna
4. Which of the following rivers originates at the hill station Mahabaleswar in Maharashtra?
5. Which of the following rivers originates in Chhattisgarh?
6. Hemavathi, Simsha and Arkavati are the tributaries of which of the following rivers?
7. Which of the following rivers has its origin in the Aravalli hills in Rajasthan?
8. From which of the following places does the River Narmada originate?
9. Which of the following rivers originates from Brahmagiri Hills in Karnataka?
10. Sutlej, Dras and Zanskar are the tributaries of -
11. What is popular name of the river formed by the confluence of Chandra and Bhagha rivers?
12. Which of the following is not a tributary of river Yamuna?
13. Kameng is a tributary of -
14. Which of the following rivers is not a tributary of the River Godavari?
15. The place of confluence of the rivers Alaknanda and Bhagirathi is known as
16. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
|Godavari||Pairi, Hasdo, Tel|
|Mahanadi||Purna, Penganga, Wainganga|
|Krishna||Manjra, Dudhana, Indravati|
|Cauvery||Kabani, Hemavati, Amaravati|
17. Which one of the following rivers originates at Amarkantak?
18. The river Damodar rises in the
- Rajasthan State
- Gujarat State
- Chhotanagpur Plateau
- Arunachal Pradesh hills
19. Where does Chambal river originate from?
20. Which one of the following Indian rivers does not have its source in Tibet?