Topicwise Questions - Space
1. Which of the following phenomena cannot be observed on the surface of the Moon?
- Rising and setting of the Sun
- Solar eclipse
- Motion of comets
- Twinkling of stars
2. Which of the following planets has a revolution time which is shorter than its rotation time?
3. Which planet looks reddish in the night sky?
4. Which female astronaut spent the maximum time in space?
- Lisa Norwak
- Kalpana Chawla
- Sunita Williams
- None of these
5. Which planet has the fastest revolution time?
6. An astronaut in outer space will observe sky as
7. Which of the following planets rotates in a direction opposite to the direction of earth's rotation?
8. What is the average distance (approximate) between the Sun and the Earth?
- 70 x 105 km
- 100 x 105 km
- 110 x 106 km
- 150 x 106 km
9. NASA's Deep Impact space mission was employed to take detailed pictures of which comet nucleus?
- Halley's Comet
- Tempel 1
10. Which of the following planets has a lesser rotation time than the Earth?
11. What is the name of the first woman space tourist?
- Jullian Moore
- Anousheh Ansari
- Paula Radcliffe
- Namira Salim
12. Storms of gases are visible in the chromospheres of the Sun during
- Lunar eclipse
- Solar eclipse
13. The name of the world's first black spaceman is
- Prensa Latina.
- Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez.
- Yury Rumanenko.
- Robert Mendereze.
14. The first person to enter into space was
- Valentina Tereshkova
- Edward H. White
- Yuri Gagarin
- Alan Shepard
15. How much time does light require to travel distance of 150,000,000 kilometers from the Sun to the earth?
- 8 1/3 minutes
- 8 1/2 minutes
- 8 1/4 minutes
- 9 minutes
16. The name of the galaxy in which the earth is a planet is
- Ursa Major
- Ursa Minor
- Milky Way
17. The asteroid belt is located between which two planets in the solar system?
- Earth and Mars
- Mars and Jupiter
- Jupiter and Saturn
- Saturn and Uranus
18. The planet that lies at the outermost orbit of the solar system is :
19. Which of the following planets is named after a Greek God, unlike others which are named after Roman Gods?